#BehindCarDoors is a groundbreaking year-long social experiment offering a candid view of how the All-New Renault Scénic is equipped to handle the trials and tribulations of family life. It is fronted by leading parenting influencers Mother Pukka and Father of Daughters, who are recording their experiences of life inside a family car.
MSLGROUP were challenged to reach the All-New Renault Scénic’s core audience demographic of UK parents and reposition the Scénic as the perfect family car while also generating media coverage and online buzz.
Strategy and Implementation
#BehindCarDoors was inspired by the insight that car journeys are redefining the concept of family time. Our hectic lives mean the traditional sit-down evening meal conversations are being eroded so that daily trips and weekend getaways are the only moments remaining to share stories as a family and have our children’s full attention.
Taking inspiration from the recent popularity of the dash-cam video format we set out to create an entertaining video series showcasing real life in a family car.
To do this authentically, we enlisted the help of influential parenting Instagrammers Mother Pukka and Father of Daughters to take part in a social experiment. Their Renault Scénic cars would be rigged with dash-cams to capture their warts-and-all experiences with their children. They will be producing content on a monthly basis for an entire year.
In order to generate earned media coverage, we gathered wider, real-life stories by surveying 2,000 parents to build on the original campaign insight. Using these additional insights, and by working with respected psychologist Dr. Linda Papadopoulos to analyse the results and drive awareness through media interviews, we achieved widespread media coverage.
Highlights of the campaign included:
- Co-created a brand hero video with Publicis London using a mix of produced film, influencer production and dash-cam captures which acted as a trailer to tease consumers about the wider campaign
- Videos produced by the influencers featuring everyday life and ‘special guest’ passengers including Mother of Daughters and Grand Mother Pukka who are influencers in their own right
- Two infographics illustrating the results of the survey from a general statistics perspective and a national/regional angle
- Radio interviews with Dr. Linda Papadopoulos to spread the word within the press
- The creation of a content hub to display the content created throughout the year
We are already seeing outstanding results just two months into the year-long. As of June 2017 we have seen:
- Exceeded KPIs for Mother Pukka’s first piece of content by 318%
- 1,000 views in the first 60 seconds of Father of Daughters’ posting the brand hero content
- 282,000 combined engagements for Behind Car Doors content posted by the influencers
- 233 million total press coverage reach so far
To find out more about our work with Renault or to enquire about how MSLGROUP can help you with an influencer campaign, contact Claire Hutchings.
82 Baker Street
London, W1U 6AE
+44 (0)20 3219 8700
For all new business enquiries please call
Sarah Awanah on +44 (0)20 3 219 8700
or email us on:
To enquire about careers at MSLGROUP
please email us on:
You can contact our sister
agency CNC on:
+44 (0) 20 3219 8801