SABMiller - Creating a new breed of corporate website
- Our Work
Instead of giving them the information like any other corporate website, we flipped the structure and started a conversation. We helped SABMiller establish a new breed of website – one that’s not just more flexible and responsive, but engaging too, drawing consumers in with lively and emotional stories rather than dry corporate content.
This new breed of corporate website opens up the world of SABMiller through stories. The corporate content is still there, but it’s secondary; stories come first and foremost.
It was a stage where SABMiller could ‘show rather than tell’ readers about everything beer-related, as well as informing their audience about their new sustainability approach. And while conventional corporate content such as share and investor feeds and their digital management system was still included, the stories now took centre stage.
We equipped SABMiller with all they needed to sustain this new story-led site themselves, from helping them define their key topics and create a more editorial way of bringing existing content to life, to building an editorial board, a usable CMS system and more.
It was a collaborative process, earned through trust and close partnership. SABMiller was involved in the process from Day 1. We introduced them to our process and made them part of it – through workshops and lively discussions.
And it paid off: the new SABMiller website came straight in at 10th in the FT Bowen Craggs Index of Online Corporate Effectiveness. It’s a testament to the collaborative, innovative and bold approach undertaken, placing SABMiller’s global reputation in the spotlight.
Most importantly, readers and reading times are up too – drawn to the human stories that tell SABMiller’s corporate narrative. Thanks to their new, best-in-class corporate website, SABMiller is now well-versed in the art of bottling brilliant stories.
- Winner of Best Website at the 2015 Digital Impact Awards
- Winner of Best Corporate Website at the 2015 CorpComms Digi Awards
- 10th most effective corporate website globally (FT Bowen Craggs) beating the likes of Coca-Cola and General Electric
- 119,000 page views and 106,000 unique views across story content since launch
- +619% increase in views to the most popular story on the site
- +253% increase in views to all stories
- Almost 13,000 visits to blog articles since launch
- Over 3.5 minutes average time spent on the most popular blog article
- +77% increase in referrals to content from LinkedIn