MSL UK’s Employee Practice delivers multi-million revenue each year and has ambitious targets for growth. Our work covers every step of the employee lifecycle from employer reputation-building and recruitment to internal communications, change and engagement, and we have specialists for each of these disciplines.
Our accounts covers multiple audiences, including a significant amount of work developing communications strategies and campaigns targeting highly sought after Graduates and Experienced Professionals in the 25-45 age demographic. This is an amazingly interesting, evolving and demanding audience and the need to constantly innovate means the projects we work on are highly rewarding, pushing the boundaries of corporate and employer branding and communications in terms of engaging influencers, compelling content, inspiring our clients' candidates and potential workforce far beyond the call to action to apply for a job. The team works with our experts in corporate communication and insights, to be able to identify what really matters to our target markets and form meaningful conversations with them through valuable content and dialogue.
Day-to-day you will help to lead account teams and activity across a variety of projects and clients, producing compelling and intuitive communication solutions and results. Revenue generation and income on your accounts is a key responsibility, therefore you will need to ensure any project solutions are commercially viable and project meets financial goals.
As an Account Manager, you will support the Account Directors in the development of the client or campaign strategy and act as the day-to-day lead on various projects and campaigns. You will co-ordinate and manage multi-discipline teams to ensure each project or campaign is delivered efficiently, within budget and on brief. In brief, you will be responsible for ensuring your clients are happy and receiving the highest levels of quality and service.
- You will be seen as a trusted ‘advisor’ to clients – proactively adding value, insights and direction to internal and external meetings.
- As an Account Manager, you will have a good ability to edit and proofread communication and be accustomed to writing briefs and communication plans, directly communicating with clients with support and guidance.
- Ownership ofsmall-sized communication strategies and active participation in client workshops and meetings with Account Directors and above.
- Responsible for leading and completing profitable projects with the support of Account Directors and above.
- Excellent understanding of commercial needs of agency and financial requirements of clients. Manage budgets up to £50k independently and up to £100k under supervision.
- You will work with the wider teams and have ownership of all content delivery across individual project streams including web copy, print materials and ongoing social media content.
- Collaboration with the Content team on the creation and delivery of copy briefs, including ownership of the amends and review process and occasionally contributing to the creation of short form copy like social media posts, news releases, bylines, social media content and more.
- You will help to identify new opportunities with existing clients and new business, and activate opportunities with the support of Account Director and wider team members.
- Contributes relevant content to pitch presentations. May be asked to present at pitch or client meetings under guidance of a more senior manager.
- You will actively work to develop in-depth knowledge about the media and communications landscape and MSL’s wider offer.
- You will support with developing ideas and solutions to meet the client need, as well as overseeing these to ensure they are implemented to the right standard. You will anticipate what the client needs are and be pro-active in following these up with them.
- You will contribute to the development of both of your clients and the wider practice by staying up to date with current communications technologies, ideas and trends.
- Occasionally you will contribute to thought leadership and business development through activities like blog writing and event presentations.
- Ability to work successfully across multiple clients at any one time. Proactively finding ways to juggle conflicting client deadlines and needs without impacting client satisfaction. Able to manage multiple projects at any one time of various sizes to agreed deadlines.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant news and industry trends.
- Actively coach and mentor more junior team members.
Personal qualities and skills:
- Ability to always add value and make a real difference.
- Organised, meticulous about keeping promises, meeting deadlines, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to think on your feet, work in an agile manner and adapt to changing requests.
- A great communicatorand collaborator with people of all levels.
- Engaging, positive with an infectious enthusiasm, someone that people naturally gravitate to, want to be around and work with.
- Self-aware, shows personality, challenges when appropriate, works well with others and leads by example.
- Commercially astute, actively interested in the sector in which we operate to be able to make smart business decisions and keep abreast of emerging trends.
- Proven ability to positively manage people and teams, internally and externally to achieve the very best
- A proven team player, with the ability to empathise with clients and remain flexible in achieving the appropriate outcome.
- Digitally savvy, active on social channels and passionate about communications.
- The ability to be sensitive to team issues and overall morale and a natural ability to be a positive influence on team spirit.