MSL UK’s Employee Practice delivers multi-million revenue each year and has ambitious targets for growth. Our work covers every step of the employee lifecycle from employer reputation-building, employer brand and recruitment marketing, through to internal communications, engagement and change management.
Our accounts cover multiple audiences, and we develop communications strategies, creative propositions and recruitment and engagement campaigns for everyone from school leavers and graduates through to experienced, highly-skilled professionals. Our audiences are evolving constantly, from a fascinating broad mix of backgrounds and demanding in terms of what they expect from an employer. We need to constantly innovate in order to deliver the best outcomes for our clients, so our work pushes the boundaries of employer branding and communications in terms of engaging influencers, creating compelling, insightful content, inspiring our clients' candidates and workforce far beyond a basic level of engagement.
At MSL we have multiple specialist teams under one roof, including Insights, Creative, Content Strategy and Project Management, and our heritage in PR means that we can maximise the impact and reach of all of our work through our intrinsic understanding of media relations and influencer strategies. It is a dynamic and demanding environment, but one in which you will get to work at the cutting edge of insights-driven creative work.
Day-to-day you will help to lead account teams and activity across a variety of projects and clients, producing compelling client solutions and delivering outcomes. Revenue generation and income on your accounts is a key responsibility, therefore you will need to ensure any project solutions are commercially viable and meet financial goals.
You will support the Account Directors in the development of client or campaign strategies and will act as the day-to-day lead on various projects and campaigns. You will co-ordinate and manage multi-disciplinary teams to ensure each project or campaign is delivered efficiently, within budget and on brief. In short, you will be responsible for ensuring your clients are happy and receiving the highest levels of quality and service.
- You will be seen as a trusted ‘advisor’ to clients – proactively adding value, insights and direction to internal and external meetings.
- As an Account Manager, you will be comfortable editing and proofreading communications documents and have plenty of experience of writing briefs and communication plans, and managing relationships with clients.
- You will work with Account Directors to produce communication strategies, and will be a key participant in client workshops and meetings.
- We’ll be looking for you to lead and complete profitable projects with the support of Account Directors and Project Managers.
- You’ll build a detailed understanding of MSL’s commercial proposition and of our financial needs, and of course how to manage the needs of your clients.
- You will work with the wider functional teams within MSL, and will have ownership of content delivery across individual project streams including web copy, print materials and ongoing social media and content engine requirements.
- You will need to collaborate closely with the Content team on the creation and delivery of copy briefs, including ownership of the review and amendment process, and you may need to occasionally contribute to the creation of short-form copy like social media posts, news releases, etc.
- You will help to identify new opportunities with existing clients and new business, and activate opportunities with the support of your Account Director and wider team members.
- You will contribute relevant content to new business pitch presentations, and you may be asked to present at pitch or client meetings in support of your Account Director and / or other senior team members.
- You will actively work to develop in-depth knowledge about the media and communications landscape and MSLGROUP’s wider offering
- You will support with developing ideas and solutions to meet client needs, as well as overseeing these solutions to ensure they are implemented to the right standard.
- You will contribute to the development of both of your clients and the wider practice by staying up to date with current communications technologies, ideas and trends.
- Occasionally you will contribute to thought leadership and business development through activities like blog writing and event presentations.
- You will also get involved with coaching, mentoring and potentially managing more junior team members such as interns, Account Executives and Senior Account Executives.
Personal qualities and Skills:
- Always looking to add value and make a real difference
- Organised, meticulous about keeping promises and meeting deadlines
- Detail focussed, with excellent proof-reading and critical thinking skills
- Able to work successfully across multiple clients at any one time, proactively finding ways to juggle conflicting client deadlines and needs without impacting client satisfaction
- Able to think on your feet, work in an agile manner and adapt to changing requests
- Great at communicating and collaborating with people of all levels and backgrounds
- Self-aware and able to challenge when appropriate
- Skilled at working successfully with others
- Leads by example
- Commercially astute, actively interested in the sector in which we operate to be able to make smart business decisions and keep abreast of emerging trends
- Able to empathise with clients and remain flexible in achieving the right outcomes for them and for MSL