The role sits at the core of Publicis Groupe’s Influence practice, covering the studios across two of our brands: MSL and Salterbaxter.
This role is the glue between the creative, design, production, PM and account teams, ensuring work flows through the studio on time and on budget. You will be the primary contact for all resource requests across the practice and managing the workload in our two studios.
The Resource Manager needs to be flexible when faced with change, with the proven ability to work with teams to meet client deadlines, and generate solutions when faced with challenges.
The role requires you to be agile and have an attention to detail, ensuring the right resource is in place at the right time.
A bit about MSL
Our goal is to become the most progressive agency in the UK.
We build belief by connecting the modern key Belief drivers of Brand Fame, Corporate Reputation, Sustainability, Employer Brand, and Digital
Influence – all crucial to helping businesses win in our connected world.
It all adds up to a progressive and integrated creative agency that can help our clients find new ways to grow.
Do.It - Do is our super power! We embrace bravery of thinking and of action. We all have permission to do.
Feel.Belonging - All are welcome. We’re generous with our time and understanding. We are connected and we care.
Think.Independently - Curiosity drives us. We ask why (often more than once) and we dream of career defining experiences.
A bit about Salterbaxter
We are a creative consultancy on a mission to accelerate the transition to a positive future where business and Society thrive. To do that we deploy big, bold ideas coupled with deep issues expertise and creative thinking. That is how we make sustainability the attractive option for all audiences.
For close to 25 years we have been delivering ambitious sustainability strategies and change programmes for the world’s leading brands. We do
this by bringing energy and passion to every project we touch. Always asking ‘why not?’ Always set on finding solutions.
Bullshit has no home - Honest, hard thinking must come first. Deep sustainability knowledge and no fluff. We bring expertise, insight and intel to every issue and every challenge. No lazy thinking, no short cuts.
Creativity with intent - Sustainability needs creativity more than ever - a unique creativity, built on deep knowledge and ambition. Creativity with
intent: to find new solutions to old problems, to make sustainability mainstream and attractive to all audiences.
Collaboration is an action, not a word - We care and we look out for each other. We partner for success – with colleagues, with sister agencies, with clients and with stakeholders. We are all in this together and our success comes from collaboration, not competition.
Managing studio workflow and resources
- Proactively gathering requirements and planning resource Managing day to day changes generated by changing client circumstances.
- Understanding the skills and qualities of team members Partnering with the management team to balance paid work and new business as effectively as possible.
Sourcing and managing freelancers
- Forecasting, managing and planning of studio freelance need.
- Management of recruitment agencies relationships, terms, fees and ownership
- Build relationships with tried and trusted contractors.
- Working closely with Finance to ensure freelance forecast are accurate within budgets.
- Ensuring freelancers are invoiced correctly, and budgets and expenditure closely tracked.
Forecasting & profitability
- Proactive management of long term resource forecasts.
- Ensure permanent staff are used as effectively as possible, hitting utilisation targets.
- Build up a freelance and inter-agency talent pipeline to ensure responsiveness when requests come in.
- Always thinking of new ways to improve and streamline the way we plan, manage and track resources.
Desired skills & experience
- Experience in similar roles within an agency environment
- Proven ability to think creatively to resolve challenges
- Strong finance management and budgeting skills
- Able to think on their feet and solve problems
- Comfortable with change and a fast-paced environment
- Constantly looking for ways we can improve the way we work
Attributes & qualities
- People-person who can build relationships
- Always looking to add value and make a difference
- Able to think on your feet and adapt to change
- Great at communicating and collaborating with people of all levels and backgrounds
- Commercially astute
- Energetic, proactive and willing to learn and to mentor
- Emotionally intelligent