MSL are looking for a bright, dynamic and driven individual to join our Finance team. The main responsibility of the role is to ensure that work undertaken by the agency is properly recorded and in particular, invoiced to its’ clients accurately and in a timely manner. In order to achieve this, a tight control is needed over Sales Invoicing and WIP management. The individual will also prepare job reconciliations for account team meetings and perform ad hoc financial analysis including time report analysis.
KPI’s for the role will be adherence to timetables, levels of Accrued & Deferred Income, levels of problem invoices on the debtor analysis, timeliness and accuracy of response to requests for information and timeliness and accuracy of issuance of Sales Invoices and levels of WIP and Advance Billing.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for your client financials including Billing (approx. 90 invoices per month), WIP (costs are invoiced promptly) and Intercompany. Ensure all instructions are received and Invoices are finalised according to month end timetable.
- Fortnightly meetings with Account Directors and Project Managers to review their project financials.
- Understand and monitor the balances of Accrued & Deferred Revenue and WIP. Proactively reduce these balances and escalate issues to the Financial Accountant
- Revenue Recognition - finalise revenue for the month (ensure all documentation in place and adheres to revenue recognition policy) and lock-in forecast.
- Complete MSL month-end revenue closing and reporting as per Publicis Groupe requirements.
- Regular reconciliations of jobs for Account Teams
- WIP analysis including reconciliations for Auditors ensuring all projects are closed within 90 days of project completion
- Ensure all jobs have budget trackers and fee calculators in place (assist in setting up)
- Oversee that outstanding PO's are discussed with divisions and ensure resolution/hold back revenue if required
- System Maintenance – New client set up, job creation, time and expense transfers
- Support credit control queries
- Monthly servicing reports split by job and client giving explanations for top 10 over/under serviced.
- Computing and sending weekly Flash & WIP reports to the company
- Hedging and understanding of FX rates and fluctuations
Attributes & Qualities
- Studying towards ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Excel skills preferred (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, SUMIFS)
- Ability to work independently
- Pro-actively identifies issues and seeks to resolve them
- Quickly identifies and obtains resources required to complete tasks
- Meets deadlines by managing time and priorities
- Successfully handles many tasks simultaneously
- You’ll need to be enthusiastic and a team player
- Strong attention to detail, taking responsibility for details, accuracy and consistency
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of staff